Purpose: This course is designed for users of lifting gear and those involved in the inspection or statutory examination of lifting gear in service and those whom involved with lifting gear, including rigging consultants. By end of training participants are expected to know law/regulations on lifting gear, know how to do lifting gear inspection, confirmed it’s validity of use .
Pre-requisite: Participant hold Rigging/Slinging certificate and previous experience in lifting gear would be recommended.
- Regulations and Standards apply
- Legal Requirements (Health & Safety at Work Act), PUWER, LOLER, European Directives, Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations.
- Statutory Certificates & Reporting
- Principles for Selection of Lifting Gear (General)
- Marking, Storage & Handling (General)
- In-Service inspections (general)
- Materials used in lifting gear
- Force influences in lifting gear
- Inspection of lifting gear – demo, sampling of wear lifting equipment
Certification: Barron International will issue Certificate of Training in Intermediate Rigging/Slinging for successful participants
Duration: 2 days
Method of Training: Training will be carried out in accordance with the code of practice for the safe use of lifting equipment. It includes a number of short written confirmation tests and a performance assessment.
Maximum Participants: 12 persons